Checkups for students of LF1
We provide the checkups required by the First Medical Faculty of Charles University. We offer two services:
- Full checkup. This is required prior to enrolment at the beginning of the second year of your studies and consists of a full physical examination and medical history, proscribed laboratory tests and a chest X-ray. Cost: 750 CZK + 60 CZK for 2 e-bookings + cost of lab tests (around 1500 CZK) + cost of radiological examination (X-ray, normally 400 – 1000 CZK depending on the service provider).
You can bring your own X-ray provided it meets the requirements set by the Faculty, i.e. is not more than two years old. Please note that we only accept X-rays with an accompanying description by a radiologist in English, Czech or Slovak (we are not equipped to interpret X-rays ourselves). If you require an X-ray examination, we provide you with a doctor’s note but the service (and payment for it) is provided elsewhere (there is a radiology practice in the same building).
- Confirmation of an effective level of antibodies against hepatitis B (based on a blood test). Cost: 300 CZK + 60 CZK for 2 e-bookings + cost of lab test (around 400 CZK).
These services are provided only for students who book using our online appointment system OASYS, for which you need an email address and Czech mobile phone (this is needed only once in order to set up an online account, unfortunately we cannot serve you without one). Please do not come in person without an appointment, we will not be able to help you!
Please also note that we only accept payment in cash (CZK). You cannot unfortunately claim any part of these costs from Czech public or private health insurance.
Finally, please take care to come on time for your appointments, otherwise we may have to ask you to come again, or worse – we reserve the right not to serve students who are late or fail to show up at all without any warning.
How to make an appointment
Please first set up an account using our online system.
For the item “Registration with us” you should choose “For LF1 students: I require a full checkup” or “For LF1 students: I require confirmation of hep. B antibodies” as the case may be. (This also applies if by any chance you already have an account with us.)
Also, if you will not be using a Czech mobile phone all the time (e.g. because you swap SIM cards when out of the country), please be sure to choose “By email and text message” for the item “How would you like to get messages about your appointments” (i.e. not just “By text message”).
After you have set up your account, please do not make any appointment straight away. Within 1-2 working days we will process your form and send you in quick succession two “reminders” which will enable you to make the appointments you need.
For the full checkup:
- The first reminder is for the “1st part of LF1 checkup – nurse”, where you will have a blood sample taken and pay for the laboratory tests (i.e. around 1500 CZK). Also, if you need an X-ray we will give you the necessary doctor’s note.
- The second reminder is for the “2nd part of LF1 checkup”, where you will have your medical history taken and the physical examination. We will also interpret the results of your blood tests and provide the confirmation required by the Faculty.
For the antibody confirmation:
- The first reminder is for the “Antibody check for LF1 – nurse”, where you will have a blood sample taken and pay for the laboratory test (i.e. around 400 CZK).
- The second reminder is for the “Antibody check for LF1 – doctor”, where we provide the confirmation required by the Faculty based on your test result. If you do not have an adequate level of antibodies we can attempt to remedy this by vaccinating you.
For both types of confirmation:
After you have received both reminders, you can make both appointments at the same time (highly recommended) – first the appointment with the nurse, and then the second with the doctor. You need to make sure that there is at least a week between the first and second appointments and our capacities are not unlimited, so try to book as far in advance as possible.
Finally, please note that we do not provide tuberculin tests, for these you are advised to contact the polyclinic at Spálená 12, Prague 1, tel. 222 924 212.
For information, here are the costs of the required laboratory tests (correct as of 23.4.2018):
|ALT (liver test)||18 CZK|
|AST (liver test)||18 CZK|
|BWR (syphilis antibodies)||424 CZK|
|anti HBs (antibodies for hepatitis B virus)||347 CZK|
|HBsAg (hepatitis B antigen)||225 CZK|
|Full blood count (FBC, known as KO in Czech)||65 CZK|
Please note that you cannot unfortunately choose only certain tests (e.g. if you have some test results from your home country) – we allowed this in the past but it proved to be very onerous and problematic. We are also unable to verify checkups that have been carried out elsewhere (e.g. to provide confirmation to the Faculty based on the report of a checkup in your home country). With effect from 24.8.2015 we only offer the standardised services described above.